Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recently...

Just some of the things that have been going on around here lately:

Our kids discovered a fun new hiding place!


It is really hard to find cute character shirts for little kids. So, when I was at Target the other day and found an Elmo shirt and Cookie Monster shirt, I had to get it for her. Well, it was a huge hit. She clutched those things in her hands like there was no tomorrow. Then when we got home, she insisted on wearing both and wouldn't take them off. I still go in to her room after naps and somehow she has found one of them and has it around her legs and waist. They are pretty cute though. Can't blame her.


Treyton and Nate building some shelves. Trey was so excited to be able to use his tool belt for a real project.


The space where the shelves were going to put all of Nate's millions of binders with his millions of syllabi.


Treyton and I started at home preschool today by ourselves to supplement his twice a week real school. We are doing the letter A all week and today we focused on apples. We talked about apples, sang a song about them, practiced writing our letter A's, made a craft with cut apples and paints, and made a little apple book for him to color in. He LOVED it. We also read a couple of books and danced to some Land Before TIme music. He asked if we could do more school later. He even learned how to spell the word apple and wrote it down on his book by himself. Yea for being FOUR!


9 comments:

Beach Hendersons said...

Hey, love cute hiding place. I have a question for you. Are you doing homeschool pre-school? That's what I am thinking of doing for Lukas. For several reasons. How is it going? Is it just him, or are you doing it w/other kids? I don't hang out w/many other people that have kids Lukas' age, and there aren't many in church either. So i would do regular preschool for the social part of it. I'm just wondering how it's going for you.

Beach Hendersons said...

Hey, love cute hiding place. I have a question for you. Are you doing homeschool pre-school? That's what I am thinking of doing for Lukas. For several reasons. How is it going? Is it just him, or are you doing it w/other kids? I don't hang out w/many other people that have kids Lukas' age, and there aren't many in church either. So i would do regular preschool for the social part of it. I'm just wondering how it's going for you.

The E's said...

You are such a cute and creative mom!

Lacey said...

Forget yeah for being 4...yeah for being smart! He's a real Einstein Alyson (but if I remember correctly you were always scoring A's in Philosophy :)!

melynda said...

how do they climb up on that self!! how funny. did they have any cute boy shirts? they did have some way cool star wars ones but not the size i needed:( you are such a cute mom, i need to send my kids to your school!

Ryan and Jess said...

How fun! BRaxton loves helping his dad too. If we were closer we could do joy school together. :< What a smart little guy. I can't believe he's four! The shirts are adorable...moreso, probably, because Jayci is wearing them.

Jamie said...

You are officially the cutest mom I know, I love the apple crafts. My kids love to hide on the top shelf of our linen closet. They climb up there with flashlights and sippy cups and I don't hear from them for at least 20 minutes (that's a long time.) It's pretty darn cute.

Jamie said...

And way to go find girl's character clothes without Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers on them. That's hard to do! I refuse to buy Hallie that stuff just as a matter of principle.

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

First of all, Jamie - we totally support your no Hannah or Jonas Bros principled stand. Stay tough! Alyson, we forgot to say great job with the cake. You definitely inherited that from Mom. It looks fantastic. And way to have school w/ Trey! Already spelling two syllable words... that's very impressive.