Saturday, November 14, 2009

Staying Close

We have been out in Virginia for almost 8 years now. How crazy is that?! Needless to say, our kids have never lived very close to family. Luckily, over the past few years, we have received a few stragglers coming over to the East to visit more often. Trying to keep our kids involved with the family and familiar is a little tough. To help, I made a Family Matching Game that my kids LOVE to play (with the inspiration from a similar tutorial). Keeps the faces and names familiar! On a quick note, the other day Treyton and I were walking into church when he asked me a question about his best friend, Austin, who moved to Oklahoma in May.
Treyton: "So does it mean Austin is now my cousin instead of my friend because he lives far away?"
How sad is that?! Apparently he thinks it is a requirement for cousins to live far away. Maybe someday we will be closer...

4 comments:

Beach Hendersons said...

This is great. I love it. I might have to copy this to make as Christmas presents for all our cousins spread out through out the world.

Tory said...

That is the cutest thing ever! My kids have never lived close to any of their cousins either. I might have to steal your idea!

Larry and Janice said...

Wow - the best idea ever! I can't wait to see it!!

Chelsey said...

Oh, that is sad...and funny at the same time. Maybe you guys will end up in OK with the Putnams for residency. :)