
I saw this on subway art and tutorial with her family's New Year's Resolutions on it at
lilblueboo.blogspot.com. I though it was really cute and fell in love. Well, I just finished my own version today. I made ours with a different font, since it is what I had on hand. Then I used a canvas I picked up at Michaels and painted it black. Next I used my Cricut (post on that to come later since I just got it this past week!) and cut out the letters using white contact paper that my mom had bought and we had it left over. I spent FOREVER peeling each letter off and trying to get it straight! Oh, and instead of posting our resolutions, I thought it would be fun to post some of mine and Nate's wishful travel destinations. I love how it turned out:


Then I finally got around to painting the coffee table Nate made.

I think it looks fantastic and it is so nice to have.

And I redid our hallway with some new pics that Alicia took for us.

Okay, now on to the kids. We had Lydia over for her first play date at our house today. I gave the kids a snack and added a scoop of peanut butter so they could glue little creations together. We had some snowmen, girls, and little boys made out of random food, but they loved it.



Then, of course, it was dress-up time. Nacho makes regular appearances at our house.

And we all know what Jayci wanted to be. I was impressed at how easily she relinquished her favorite gown so Lydia could be a princess, too.

Then they wanted to dance and Treyton LOVES the Kung Fu Fighting music video on Kung Fu Panda, so we watched that three times in a row.

And all the while, little Griffin looked just like this!

Later in the day, while the kids were in quiet time, I got to spend some quality alone time with my little boy. He loves to smile at me now but stops every time I put a camera up to my face.

I wanted in on the action, too. I love my kids...even when they drive me crazy!
9 comments:
The project is way cute! I saw that new years resolution one on one of the craft blogs too and I like it as well. I like your spin on it though. I love the pictures in the hallway. You are so good at decorating. I can't believe how Griffin has changed so much already. He is still precious :) And ya gotta love that hair.
I have that project on my to-do list, too! I love the city name idea. Do you know if there's another way to do the letters besides a vinyl machine or a cricut?
I LOVE the board! It looks like it goes well in your house too. You sure stay busy girl! Good for you!
ok, nate should take us to london, adam will take us to china. then we will go to egypt and africa together, because they are on the top of our list too!!
the boards are adorable, and the kids are even more adorable. we just got griffys announcement and its really cute, you did a great job.
You could meet up with us in New Orleans over spring break!
I remember seeing that project on one of my million craft blogs I follow. I love the idea you used. I may have to make one for our bedroom soon. It's awesome!
Amazing!! I can't believe all you get done. It looks like Griffey has the curley hair. He is sure changing. Love the signs, hallway pictures, and play date fun.
I love your board. And Joe and I totally just booked a trip to New Orleans for Spring break...without the kids! I second your travel wishlist. I also love Griffin's onesie.
Such sweet fun memories Alyson and you are just so creative! I love it!-- Heather
Post a Comment