Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday, Nate!! He started the day off right...wait...no he didn't. He had to leave by 6:45, and since I didn't get home until midnight and woke up multiple times with a girl who was having "scary dreams" my poor husband did not get breakfast in bed. I had all of the supplies, but we will make it on Sunday when he can sleep in a bit. So, he is off to an exciting day at work where he has to give a power point presentation in pediatrics! Fun times. But, he will come home to his requested dinner of taco salad with doritoes, a surprise cake with friends, and some presents. Plus, my two brothers and families are coming down for the weekend. It will be fun. Anyways, here is a little collage of the birthday boy:
Photobucket
We certainly are glad that Nate was born! (a big thanks to Bruce and Linda on that one!)

Fun Facts about Nathaniel J:
1. He hates to read.
2. He used the same book report for multiple classes while in high school just so he wouldn't have to read any books.
3. While in college at SVU, he earned the nickname "Navigator Nate" .
4. He is a liberal arts major.
5. He claims he can only wear expensive sunglasses because all other ones "hurt his eyes". Sure, sure.
6. He goes to sleep with a scowl on his face. It's pretty funny.
7. He loves Wipeout, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Better of Ted, So You Think You Can Dance, and Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
8. He is addicted to soda and drinks some every morning for an infusion of caffeine.
9. He is really great at figuring out how to use every scrap of wood when building something.
10. He is incredibly naturally smart. It's quite annoying. When we were both in the same chem class in school and did our homework together and everything, he always got 100% on tests and I only got in the high 80's. He rarely has to study, although medical school required a bit more.
11. He is funny with his laugh. He tries to hold it in, just like his sneezes, and it becomes this kind of snicker-like thing.
12. HATES board games.
13. I think he could literally sleep for 14 hours a day, every day.
14. He was one of the best catchers I have ever seen play. His throw-down to second was so fast.
15. He did a dating game show in front of our whole school while wearing a polyester blue suit.
16. He knows way more about castrating and inseminating cows that I ever want to hear.
17. He loves photography and art.
18. He has the most bland palette in the world. He doesn't like garlic, cilantro, lime, onion, lemon, curry, basically anything but salt and pepper. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Luckily, he will still eat anything I make and doesn't complain!
19. I screen all of his "chick flick" movies for him, for which he is grateful. I only make him watch ones I think he could remotely like.
20. His m&ms are in this order: Pretzel, peanut, peanut butter, almond, and regular.

Happy Birthday, Nate!!! We love you tons and love all of the quirky and little things that make you you!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love this boy. I agree with all the things stated and had to chuckle and even cry at some of them. Nate, you have brought much joy to our lives and so many wonderful memories. Happy Birthday!!! I am so grateful that I was blessed to be a part of bringing you into this world. I love you.

Larry and Janice said...

And from your "other kinda-mom":
We adore you too! You were sooo missed at our reunion - what a wonderful fit you are in our family and there's definitely a hole when you're not there!
Thanks, Alyson, for the perfect choice of husband! We think you're perfectly matched! (may have something to do with matching quirkiness??!!!)
Happy Birthday

Katie said...

What a guy. Happy Birthday to Nate!

melynda said...

Happy Birthday Nate, we wish we could be there to celebrate with you. we will grab a Bahama-Mama in you honor!!

Hksedwick said...

happy belated birthday nate, sorry we're late

love,

the sedwicks