Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Fourth

I am a little behind on posting...sorry. It has been pretty crazy here with five kids this week! So, here is the post from last weekend. We celebrated Nate's birthday on Friday. Tyson, Diana, and kids (who just moved into their new house in DC on Thursday from Utah), and Todd, Heather, and Elliana all came to spend the weekend with us. We had lots of fun watching movies, going to the pool, just hanging out, and going to Yorktown for the 4th. Nate and I did it a couple of years ago with his family and loved it so much that we wanted to do it one more time before we left Virginia. There is just something about being in the exact place that we won our Independence on Independence Day! Now for tons of pictures:

The kids giving Nate one of his presents before everyone came.

This cake was SO good!
Breakfast in bed on Sunday since Friday he had to wake up WAY too early for me to make it!
Hanging out in Yorktown.
Tyson, Diana, and Sawyer.
Alexis is SO good with Griffin. He loves it!
Todd, Heather, and Elliana.
They had a few things for kids to do, but it was SO hot.
Logan bouncing down the slide.
Jayci cooling off with some watermelon.
Nick and Jenna joined us for a while.


We took the kids down to the river and they had so much fun splashing, looking for shells, and running from the waves.



LIttle Sawyer all curled up. I love it.
Just chillin. He was up for SO long this day...he refuses to sleep any where other than his crib.
Jenna juggling two babies.
Some of the girls: Cindy, me, Jessica, Danielle, and Jenna.
We got home so late and it was such a long day. How cute are these cousins?! I love the Fourth of July. One of my most favorite holidays!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

thanks for letting us pretend like we're part of your family. we had a great time with you guys!

Mandi said...

I love it all! I love the 4th of July too :) The kids are all so cute. I wish we were there with you!

Linda said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the pictures. Jayci looks so cute in her dress and I love the sweet picture of Trey looking up into the camera. What fun memories. Thanks for sharing.

Larry and Janice said...

Looks like such a fun weekend for you all! And the kids are the cutest ever, aren't they? Love the sleeping cousins! Love you- Mom

Ryan and Jess said...

What a great weekend! I bet the kids had so much for with their cousins. I'm glad you got to spend it with family. I LOVE the fourth as well! Such a great celebration. We miss you guys!