Monday, October 26, 2009

I want to cry!

Just got back from my doctors appointment and two things made me want to cry!
#1. I gained 4 lbs. in two weeks. Seriously? Dr. Mahoney came in and said "So, you gained a bit of weight." Yeah, thanks for that.
#2. My cute little kids aren't going to be able to visit me or their new brother in the hospital. And, seeing as I am having a C-section, that means not seeing me or meeting their new brother for FOUR days! That totally sucks. And I can only have two adult visitors at a time. We can all thank the swine flu for this bit of news. As if I won't be emotional enough at the time. Then they said that if the mother has a fever when she delivers, the baby will be held in the nursery for 48hours and the mom wont' be able to see it. Who are these people!?

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Hun! Wow! That's craziness! I really hope those rules aren't in effect in April. I'm sorry, that really sucks. Let me know if you need to vent.

Jackie said...

Ugh... that bites. I'm so sorry they're going to be so strict.

Do you want me to try to sneak your kids in?! Let me know... I'm game.

melynda said...

please four pounds, thats nothing, try 15 in one month!! thats right.
I'm sorry they are doing that there. they started it hear too, and it made me almost cry and i already had my baby. they consider your husband a visitor too. so every time two people come he has to leave, SAD.

Jillayne said...

don't worry about the weight. They did the same thing when I gained 8 pounds between visits (I think it was 2 week visits). Then they "took back" the comment when I lost 4 pounds at the next visit. Scales vary so much. Still I think that's insensitive to say to a pregnant woman.

So what do they do if a mother wants to breast feed but has a fever when she delivers?

Mandi said...

That is just WRONG! The thought of a brand new baby and his mom being apart in the first 48 hours breaks my heart. That is ridiculous! It doesn't even make sense. Five days later, when you are at home, if you get a fever, you don't ship the baby out! Besides, his mommy's milk is the best thing he can have for immunity. They better at LEAST, dare I say "allow", as if they are the all powerful dictators, you to nurse him. WOW! I could gon on and on about this one. I hope you are just perfectly healthy and don't have to mess with that garbage!
PS let me just give a shout out to homebirth for those who have the option

Joe said...

Umm...I kind of feel bad for you for gaining 4lbs. in 2 weeks, but remember that one time I gained 9 in 4 weeks; if we average that out, it is still worse, so don't freak out yet! Too bad about the hospital though. That would be hard. Maybe your two adult visitors can smuggle the kids in under their jackets.

P.S. this is really LauriAnn, too lazy to sign out again.

Megan said...

Alyson, Dont worry about the weight. I gain a pound a week from the beginning. Plus its your 3rd kid, you know how to take it off.

When I had my second scheduled c-section I only had to stay in the hospital for 2 days. Talk to your doctor and tell him/her that you want to go home asap. It's your 3rd kid...you know what you are doing.

And just pray that you dont get sick. Good Luck sweet girl.

Hksedwick said...

Rich saw on the news that while that is the hospital apology, they aren't going to have people standing at the door enforcing it... so take that for what it's worth.

Ashley said...

Wow is the swine flu that bad there? They haven't told me any of that stuff yet..but maybe if it gets worse here it will be the same way. I'm sorry that things have to be so rough on you guys when you are just excited to have your family grow!!

Furniss Family said...

Haha, no worries, I have gained that much too in 2 weeks before :) Don't worry too much about the weight, I think you look great right now for 31 weeks. That is sad all the restrictions about the flu season coming up and not being able to see your kids, awwwww! Let me know if you need me to watch them at all while your in the hospital. Good luck :)