Monday, October 5, 2009

Hell Week..sorta

My mom came this past week to help me clean out all of my closets, reorganize, and clean them. In all, I am pretty sure we took over 12 bags of stuff to Goodwill. My mom repainted the stairway and entryway with real paint (anyone who lives in Chelsea knows what I mean). We were so exhausted. I pinched a nerve in my lower back which was lots of fun. It is still killing me. I think we threw away about 40 matchless socks while my mom matched over 50 more. What a chore. She is a slave driver, but the end result was worth it. Thanks, Mom. It was SO needed and wouldn't have happened without you. While she was here, we did manage to take a day off and go to Mount Vernon where Heather met us for the day. All I can say is that I am in love with history and historical sights. It was amazing. I loved it. Can't wait to go back without the little ones some day to take in more. She even made Halloween Cookies with the kids last night, which I have much enjoyed! Thank you thank you, Mom. And Thanks to Dad for sparing her and spending his BIG birthday all by himself...sad. Love you guys! Here are some pictures from when my parents were here a couple of weeks ago for the weekend and then this trip to Mount Vernon:
Outside before Church. They are so cute together. I just love them.
Us, again. I am rarely in a picture. Nate was working this Sunday.
Grandma and Grandpa Woody with the kiddoes.
Outside of Mount Vernon. It was unusually hot this day.
They were so excited to see the statues. Jacyi kept calling all statues the "Statue of Liverty". George's head got a little cut off here. Oops.
Outside the house

The view from the back porch. Wouldn't you love to have that every day?
Heather, Mom, the kids, and I in front of Mount Vernon.
They have this GREAT educational center and even have a kids room inside. The kids loved the room with puzzles, pictures, dress-ups, and all kinds of other stuff. We had such a fun time with only one or two breakdowns. Pretty good for a day of adult stuff preceded by a week of neglect while cleaning!

4 comments:

pmkennedy said...

Whatta week! Aren't mom's amazing!! Your two are adorable, I can't wait to see how #3 fits in! I would love to see the paint job sometime! I'm never in pictures either, we should go get glam shots sometime as a gag gift to our hubbies :) Take Care!!!

Linda said...

What a feeling of accomplishment. Your mom is amazing. Can't wait to see you guys again. Miss you teeribly. I'll try to build up 1/2the energy and drive your mom brings each time she comes.

Joe said...

Well, your hell week sounds like something I actually would have loved. Can your mom come help me organize? I LOVE history too, I think I love it more every day. Also, you look really good!

P.S. this comment will say it is by Joe, but it is really from LauriAnn, I was just too lazy to sign him out.

Mandi said...

FIRST of all - you look FANTASTIC! I LOVE Mt. Vernon. I went there in High School. It was one of my favorite parts of our DC/New York trip. I totally would have gone with you if I still lived there. Sad that I don't, I know :( And, I love the blue and white dress Jayci is wearing in the first pics. Oh, and good job on the house. WE LOVE YOU!