Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Break Thus Far


Here are the things we have done to date:
I took Jayci to Michaels to pick something up. From the check out to the car, she fell asleep on my shoulder. She did not wake up for a over an hour.
I had my LAST doctors appointment!! Everything looks good and ready to go for the 29th. I really don't think my stomach can stretch anymore. But, yea for me, I have gained 15 lbs. less than with Treyton and 10 less than with Jayci!
I made five candy cane coffee cakes the other day. They are a Woodruff family tradition and I have NEVER had a Christmas without one. I did add blueberries this year to the fruit mix. We'll have to see how it tastes!
Introducing: Orange Golash and White Golash. Jayci now follows us around asking us if we will play Golash with her ALL DAY. No joke. And we have no idea where she pulled that science fiction name from. It is weird.
I finished up a couple of baby projects, just in the nick of time!
We went to the Miracle of Christmas at the Zoo. It is owned by an LDS family in Richmond and they do a live retelling of the Christmas story every year. It is really fun. They have a choir before, hot chocolate and donuts, and live animals. The kids loved it and I love it because it is one of the only things to go and do that actually is about the true meaning of Christmas.
Apparently the flash is a little bright for Trey. He was so excited for hot chocolate and donuts.
The Nativity scene. Its so hard to get a good picture during the program.
The Camels. These were Treyton's favorite part. And one of the Wise men gave him a chocolate gold coin. Jayci's "faborite part" was "Married". That is what she calls Mary. We think she is a closet Catholic. She prays for Mary during EVERY prayer. She is weirdly obsessed.
Not the greatest picture of us, but we never have one of us together, so I put it up anyways. Don't mind my mess. I had been cleaning and cooking all day and didn't even look in the mirror before we hopped in the car!

Today, we are off to spend some time at the Children's Museum together as our last outing as a family of four before all of our company comes today and tomorrow. Scary! Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Christen said...

Thanks again for the yummy treat! I am totally stealing these pics for my blog since I couldn't get ONE of the program. Glad you had fun! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Alicia said...

You look great Alyson! Good luck next week and we can't wait to come home and meet the little guy...:)

Cam and Josie said...

Alyson--thanks for the comment--we are very anxious/excited! I hope all goes well for you and your little guy! (At least you know when he is coming!!) And Merry Christmas to you to!!

Jackie said...

We went to the nativity too! Cool, eh? I hope your last Christmas as a family of four is fabulous.

Best of luck!

Larry and Janice said...

So impressive your flurry of activity these last days of your pregnancy - not an easy time to do all that! And big congrats on the pregnancy weight - again not too easy! We can hardly wait to kiss and hold our new little grandbaby!