Here are some of the sights and activities from the last two days:

We were out bright and early at nine am. I am impressed we were able to hold him off that long!

Thanks to Sarena and Adam (who live in CT) and their hand-me-downs, we actually had a FEW snow things to put our kids in. Nate had to make a run to the store at 7 am in order to pick up gloves and other things like that. Unfortunately, no snow pants for Treyton. But we put four pairs of jammies on!

Getting ready to go to the big grassy area. It was such a hike in 18 inch snow. I was so tired and so were the kids! I had to carry Jayci for part and piggy back Treyton up for part, all with the little one weighing me down, too. At least I got to enjoy the snow for a while and not be stuck inside with a newborn. I really didn't want to miss this! We did some sledding over in the big area, thanks to the Broce's family sled.

Look at those pink cheeks!

Treyton was worried about his messy hair.

Treyton took a beautiful picture of me. Seeing how this is the only one of me in all of my nine month glory, I thought I would post it. Ignore the awkward pose that causes me to have about fifty chins!

Working on their igloo. It was daylight when they started...and 2.5 hours later, it was WAY past dark. Nate really wanted to make sure it wouldn't collapse on our little ones.

The boys with their finished product. nate is So sore today!

I turned on some Christmas music for us inside and Jayci just sat in front of the mirron (I was rearranging and took it down) and watched herself dance.

She is obsessed with trying to get me to wear these lately, but my feet are just too swollen. So, she has now deemed them hers "when she gets older". She is such a girlie girl!

I love my cute kids!

The igloo in the morning. Treyton wanted to be sure to get lots of igloo time in before the sun melted it all.

Treyton wanted a picture of his snow angel to show Nana.

Of course, Jayci wanted one, too.

Our SNOWMAN!! Tys and Diana sent us a snowman kit for Christmas. We opened it a couple of weeks ago, and I thought they were just mocking us! But it turned out we really did use it! The snow wasn't very great for packing, so Nate had to pack it all into our garbage can and flip it over; hence the square snowman. I think its cute!

The proud builders. Jayci obviously takes after her mother. She just wanted to chomp on ice the whole time!

Treyton sledding on a piece of scrap metal. The stores around here don't really stock sleds, poor kid.

Nate "snowboarding" down the hill.

The boys taking a turn together.

Coming in from the long day. We LOVED the snow!
6 comments:
I love the igloo ( I called it a snow fort and Trey corrected me and said it is an igloo) I can just see Nate working so hard on this.
I have been debating after hearing about the storm whether I would like all of that snow or if I was enjoying the balmy 50 degree weather we have had in Seattle lately. I was leaning toward Seattle until I saw your pictures! It looks so fun! I am so excited about the baby too! I am so jealous!
Wow - a snow igloo - That's pretty impressive!! We're so glad Treyton got his Christmas snow wish! And perfect timing with Nate off for two weeks and before the baby's born. Merry Christmas!
wow, i think you got more snow then we have had all year!! i love the igloo, its awesome!
you look adorable, i cant believe only a couple more days!! you better call or at least text me. love you, good luck on the delivery.
How fun! You guys got a ton of snow! We got maybe 6 inches or so here. And by the way you don't have 50 chins, you look so cute!
Lincoln was so excited to play in the snow too :) He didn't want to go inside even though his fingers were getting bright red!! The igloo looks so fun too, looks like your kids enjoyed it too :) Just a few more days till the baby is here, good luck sweetie!!
Post a Comment