Friday, December 4, 2009

O, Christmas Tree

The traditional egg nog and Christmas cookies necessary to proper tree decoration. Oh, and you can't forget Mitch Miller and the Gang Christmas music. It is just so perfect.

The before picture. Treyton picked out the tree. We are just hoping it lasts until Christmas!

In the process of decorating. For those of you who don't know, each person in my family always received a new ornament on Christmas Eve from my Grandpa Woody and Grandma Bea. It is one of my favorite traditions. So, when we got married, I had an eclectic, beautiful, and meaningful stash of ornaments. Our trees growing up were never very pretty with all five of us kids' random ornaments, but we LOVED it. I am so glad my parents were not those who insisted on having a beautiful and coherent tree, but one we could all enjoy decorating together and show off all of our beloved ornaments! I am SO following in their footsteps. No Martha Stewart or Pottery Barn trees in this house!

Some of the ornaments from years gone by. Oh, and now my parents have taken over for Grandma and Grandpa and give our kids a new ornament each year. I think I am as excited as the kids!
Downing the egg nog. Treyton had two glasses and two cookies within five minutes. Jayci ended up having four glasses of egg nog because she kept finding everyone else's while they were distracted with decorating!
The finished product. I love how excited they got to do it! Can't wait for the other festive stuff. I love this time of year.


6 comments:

Reams Fam said...

We also got ornaments while we were growing up, I think it is such a good idea! I love that Jayci is wearing a fluffy skirt, she is such a girlie girl!

Joe said...

I love the random ornament assembly too. I would much prefer something sentimental to soemthing coherent!

Side note: I can't believe your kids like egg nog. I think I am the only here who likes it.

*This is LauriAnn

Jenna said...

the tree looks lovely! i was just telling nick it will be no time before our tree gets 'ugly' :)

and cute christmas cookies!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

The tree looks great, guys. Can't wait until we come down and see it.
Also, that Jayci is one sneaky girl! Has Tyson been training her?

Anonymous said...

YAy! THat looks like so much fun! What a fun tradition!! I LOVE the random ornaments too. You are such a fun mom! I'm sitting here with my mouth watering wanting some of those cookies. :) I think we'll be baking tonight. I hope you're feeling well. The kids look great! Hope you guys have such a great Christmas! I can't wait to see this new little guy!

Linda said...

Looks like great fun. As I was putting decorations on our tree at the ranch, I was reminiscing about the ones that belonged to the children. We weren't really good at keeping the new ornament tratition alive, but I do have some that were specfifically purchased for Nate. I'll have to pass them on. (Our trees were always random until all of the kids were gone.)