Monday, December 7, 2009

Ward Party

Last year on the night of our ward party was the very first snow of the year. Coincidentally, it happened to fall on Saturday for our ward party again this year! It was perfect. Anyways, we had os much fun at the party.
This is before the party in their Christmas outfits.
I love this one.
Treyton was SO excited about the snow. He was hoping he could make an igloo. Nothing even stuck. Maybe one day he will get to play in snow.
Jayci's little outfit. It is totally wild, but it is so her. I had another one I was going to put her in, but then I saw this skirt tutorial online with Thanksgiving colors and I knew I had to make her one for Christmas! Then I saw these socks and thought she would love them as leggings, so I made some of those, too. Then I just got a plain shirt from Target and sewed some ribbon on it, made a matching headband, and let her pick out white sparkly shoes. She has not taken them off, even for bed. She literally shoves her little feetsie jammies inside. It's pretty funny.
We first went to see Santa. It was so cute. We told Jayci to watch how the other kids sat on Santa's lap to talk to him. She was still a little nervous, but Treyton held her hand on the way up there. She told him she wanted Belle and Jasmine and Treyton told Santa he wanted a Batman Cave. When he was asked what else he wanted, he couldn't think of anything! I guess our job is easy this year.

Yes, I know I am huge. No need to point it out, thanks.
After dinner, there was a short program and then dancing. It was SO much fun. I loved it. Treyton refured to dance with us or his little girl friends. He was only interested in playing tag and "spying on the grown-ups." We didn't see him the rest of the night!
Nate chatting up his boyfriend, Nick. Seriously though, Nate was really excited to see his fellow third years and hang out since they NEVER get to see each other this year due to all of their rotations.
This was the funniest. Jayci sat in the middle of the dance floor for probably an hour spinning in the same direction. She was the LAST person on the dance floor. We kept trying to get her to turn the other way so that she wouldn't get sick, but apparently she is not an ambiturner. She was SO adorable. She would only stop in between songs when she was waiting for the next one to come on, then resume her focused spinning. We LOVED the ward party!





10 comments:

Jackie said...

Not an ambiturner... hilarious!

The Treyton-kissing-Jayci-while-poking-her-eye-out picture is darling. What a cute fam you are!

Hksedwick said...

1. I love the ambiturner reference.

2. They were so precious walking up to santa, with trey so concerned about hold Jayci's hand

3. I think you look so cute pregnant. That dress you have is so perfect and you look fabulous in it.

melynda said...

what a fun party.

you look great i cant believe you only have a few weeks. i love the outfits, you did an amazing job on the skirt and leggings. miss you.

Dane and Jessica said...

Jayci is one of the best dressed little girls I have ever seen!! I LOOOOVED her outfit! And of course Trey is darling too he is going to be a lady killer

The Fox Family said...

your kids are soo cute! I was admiring Jayci's outfit at the party. You are so talented! Cutest outfit ever!

Cherry Blossoms said...

I love Jaycis outfit! You are so talented!

Christen said...

Jayci is lucky to have such a talented mama who can whip up masterpieces at a moment's notice! Your kids are darling and my girls love them.

Sara said...

Oh I am sooo sad our kids were sick and we couldn't go! that skirt is to die for! Where did you find the tutorial? I am so going to have my mom make one for my girls! I covet your craftiness- oh and I love the memory game! You guys are such a cute little fam... and I can't wait to meet the new addition soon!

Linda said...

Soo cute. (You are NOT huge by the way.) It sounds like such a fun party and Jayci certainly looked more comfortable with Santa this year than last. The outfit is adorable as is the story of her spinning. I love the family pic and the one of Nate and Jayci dancing. Reminder to Nate: Remember the Christmas Eve ward parties in Burton? Sounds VERY similar. Love to all and SEE YOU SOON!!!!

Angie said...

oh my gosh jatci's outfit is the cutest thing ever! so jealous of your sewing skills.

your kids are adorable.