Friday, January 22, 2010

The Latest

The kids helped Nate with a project on Monday. They LOVE helping their Daddy with projects. It was so cute.

We got the plans from knockoffwood.blogspot.com. It is a fabulous website where this girl "knocks off" a bunch of high end furniture and posts her plans to replicate them for way cheaper. This is a Pottery Barn coffee table that normally costs $300 and we made it for a little over $30. I still need to paint it, but i LOVE how it turned out.
My cute little boy is getting SO big and not looking so newborn anymore. Sad. But we LOVE having him. I forgot how much I love having a new baby. They are so cute and so fun to watch!
Today was a rainy day, so the kids helped me make cookies. We also played the wii together, had my visiting teachers over, and other fun stuff.
The kids bowled down their toys. They had so much fun.

Treyton and Jayci playing computer games after lunch. They have been so great together. Treyton picks out Jayci's clothes and helps get her dressed every day. I don't have the heart to make her change because it is too sweet.
They had a little dance-off tonight before bed. I thought the picture of Treyton was pretty funny.
And here's the dancing queen.
Nothing too exciting, just thought I would share!

7 comments:

The Fox Family said...

fun! You are such a fun Mommy! And I need to come see your house, it looks adorable! Nice coffee table!! Can't wait to see it painted and everything!

Mandi said...

Fun! I can't wait to see you guys. Hopefully I have enough energy to keep up!!! I like the coffee table too. Nate, you are so good at these things. I have a picture of a pretty spendy bookcase that I would LOVE to build cheaper. Great idea.

Reams Fam said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! I love how Treyton is so sweet with Jayci! I hope Jackson is that way whenever we have another one! I love the table by the way! How nice to have a handy husband!

melynda said...

i love that blog, your table looks great. i am trying to talk adam into making the bunk-bed! did you get a new couch? love the red.

Larry and Janice said...

Great blog, Alyson - and wonderful job on the table, Nate! You had some fun rainy-day activities! How in the world did Treyton ever convince Jayci to wear anything other than her princess dress "uniform"???? Everything and everyone - too cute!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

The coffee table looks awesome, Nate! Must've been because of your kids' help. : ) But the dancing moves, that's all Alyson. If Trey needs some tips or something as he progresses, you just let me know. : )

Chelsey said...

Good job on the table! That looks awesome...you'll need to post the pics when you have it painted!