Friday, January 1, 2010

More Griffin

So far, I just love him so much and can't get enough! He is so sweet tempered and mild and cuddly. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he is so sleepy though. But I'll take it!

We were supposed to come home today. I was all packed and ready to bring him home to meet Treyton and Jayci when the pediatrician came in around ten this morning and told us we wouldn't be able to go today. Griffin's bilirubin count jumped from an 8 yesterday (mildly high) to 13.5, which he said nobody had expected. That, combined with the fact that he has lost almost a pound of his birthweight and is down to 6 lbs 6 oz, they decided not to discharge him because I would just have to keep bringing him back over the next couple of days and set up a blue light at home and all kinds of hassle. So, I am still here. Griffin is still here. They ran some more tests a couple of hours ago and we should be hearing back from them soon. I hope everything is looking better because he'll need to be healthy and strong to take on his siblings!

My sweet little man. He is seriously so adorable and Nate and I are already in love with him.
Nana and Papa playing with the kids. It has been so much fun for them and so great a distraction to have Nate's parents here. I am so glad they were able to come and see Griffin and spend some time with the others one. They have been a huge help.
We have also been lucky to have Todd and Heather with us helping. They have spent time playing with the kids, cleaning, and just hanging out.
They came and visited me twice to play games. They totally took advantage of fact that I was on percocet and tried to teach me a new, complicated game where they totally killed me!
Griffey and his daddy. It's so fun to see how much Nate loves him and loves having a tiny little newborn again. This little baby is the best! He is worth every missed hour of sleep, every cry, and every time I have to suffer through nursing (until it gets better). We would do anything for our kids. We are so Lucky!

8 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

He is adorable--I LOVE his hair! Good work!

Larry and Janice said...

Lucky is right - - but even more right is: you are soooo blessed!!! I know what I'm talking about - says the mom/grandma who also is incredibly blessed over all these years! Wonderful to see this beautiful little baby who has wonderful parents and super big brother and sister to welcome him!

Sara said...

I know this is what everyone says- but SERIOUSLY Griffin is so precious! REally he is so incredibly cute and sweet! I can't wait to meet him. Bummer that you are still in the hospital, I hope you two get home soon. But while you are there take advatage of that nursery and sleep sleep sleep! Oh and I LOVE his name- precious and worth the wait!

LauriAnn said...

Oh, I miss newborns that smell so nice and like you to just hold them! Enjoy it! I don't feel too bad that you are stuck in the hospital, I actually really enjoyed my stay last time, it was really relaxing, but I am sure it gets old.

Christen said...

Sorry you're still in the hospital, but at least you know the older two babes are in good hands and you can get some extra time with just Griffey! Can't wait to hold him, he is sooooo cute. Love all that hair!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Yup, and we'll add our little testimony, too, that Griffy really is pretty hard to stop staring at or touch or hold. The hair is even more awesome in person, too. Good job, Pookie and Nate!

melynda said...

he really is SO beautiful, i wish i could see him. you will be home in no time.

Luke and Niki said...

Oh Congratulations again!!!!! We are so sad it will be a long time probably before we get to meet him. I love the name! Totally fits. And he is so sweet with his full head of hair! It makes me want to have another one right now!